How do you Upgrade from Netwrix Auditor 5.0.x to Netwrix Auditor 6.5
You can upgrade your current Netwrix Auditor version to Netwrix Auditor 6.5. All your current settings will be preserved and no reconfiguration is required.
NOTE: The upgrade is supported starting with Netwrix Auditor 5.0.x.
To upgrade to Netwrix Auditor 6.5
1. Download Netwrix Auditor 6.5 by using this direct download link: http://www.netwrix.com/download/products/na_6.5.361/Netwrix_Auditor.exe
2. Open the Netwrix Auditor console. Navigate to each Managed Object, in the right pane make sure that the data collection for each of the audited systems is not running. If the data collection task is in progress, wait until it completes.
3. On each audited system page under each Managed Object individually, clear the Enable checkbox to disable audit.
4. Close all Netwrix Auditor windows.
5. Open Windows Task Manager, switch to the Processes tab and wait until the following processes have completed:
6. Run the installation package.
7. Click Install.
8. Follow the instructions of the setup wizard.
9. Re-enable Audited Systems that were disabled in step #3
NOTE: When upgrading from Netwrix Auditor 5.0.80 and below, do not change the program installation path on the Installation Folder step of the wizard, otherwise your current configuration may be lost.
NOTE: If upgrading to 6.5 in order to eventually migrate to version 7.0 or 7.1, please allow 6.5 to run for 24 hours before upgrading. This is to allow the audit archive files to be in the format necessary for the further migration.