Can Netwrix Auditor audit file servers without an AD domain?
Yes, Netwrix Auditor can be configured to work in a non-domain environment.
To configure Netwrix Auditor in a non-domain environment, do the following:
- Install Netwrix Auditor on the required server and specify the default Data Processing Account. This account will be used to access the file servers you are going to audit.
- On each audited file server, create a local account with the same name and password as the default Data Processing Account.
- In Netwrix Auditor Administrator Console (Netwrix Auditor console in version 6.5 and below), specify credentials of the default Data Processing Account for each Managed Object that audits your file servers:
- Right-click a Managed Object on the left and select Properties.
- In the Properties dialog, select the Custom option under Data Processing Account and enter credentials.
NOTE: See Netwrix Auditor Installation and Configuration Guide and read the following knowledge base article: What rights and permissions are required for Data Processing Account for more information on the default Data Processing Account's rights and permissions.