I want to make past data available for reporting (e.g., I need to investigate a security incident). How can I upload audit data from the Long-Term Archive (Audit Archive in Netwrix Auditor 6.5 and below) to the SQL-based Audit Database?
To make your past audit data available for reporting, import from the Long-Term Archive to Audit Database.
- Netwrix Auditor 7.1 and above
- In Netwrix Auditor Administrator Console, navigate to AuditArchive –> Investigations.
- Select audit data you want to import to Audit Database and click Run.
See Netwrix Auditor Administrator’s Guide for more information.
- Netwrix Auditor 7.0
- Upgrade to 7.1 and create investigations.
- Netwrix Auditor 6.5 and below
- Navigate to Netwrix_Auditor_install_folder and select a folder that corresponds to your audited system (e.g., Active Directory Change Reporter for Active Directory audited system).
- Launch DB Importer.
- Select audit data you want to import to Audit Database and click Import.
Original KB Article 1020