Typically an error similar to the below is logged to the “Concept Searching” EventViewer log:
Error: System.Exception: This schema for this assembly has not been registered with WMI.
at System.Management.Instrumentation.Instrumentation.Initialize(Assembly assembly)
at System.Management.Instrumentation.Instrumentation.GetInstrumentedAssembly(Assembly assembly)
at System.Management.Instrumentation.Instrumentation.GetFireFunction(Type type)
The specified error can occur when the initial installation is completed with an account does not have local administration rights.
- Ensure that the account specified to run each Windows service is configured as a localadministrator:
- Open the “Run” window by clicking the “Start” button and then clicking “Run”
- In the Run window, type “services.msc” and then click OK
- Locate each Windows service (conceptCollector, conceptIndexer, and conceptClassifier)
- Ensure that each user specified as the “Log on as” value is a local administrator
- Restart the Server
- Logon as the specified service account (or, another local administrator)
- Re-run the conceptInstaller application and run a “Repair” operation
Making the user a local administrator on Server 2016 computer:
- Click Start > Server Manager
- On the upper-right corner of the Server Manager dashboard page, click Tools > Computer Management
- In the navigation pane of the Computer Management page, expand “Local Users and Groups”, and then click “Users”
- From the users list, right-click the user to which you want to assign administratorrights, and click Properties
- Click the Member Of tab, and click
- On the “Select Group” page, type “Administrators”, and then click OK.
- Click Apply and OK.