In order to renew the Add-In client secret on the SharePoint and Netwrix Data Classification sides, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the “Sources” section of the Administration Interface
- Select “SharePoint“
- Expand “Settings“
- Select “App Configuration“
- Select “Edit” on the configuration you wish to renew and make note of the “ClientId” value (you will need this shortly)
- Follow the Microsoft Guide for creating a new client secret (the AppPrincipalId referred to in the guide is the “ClientId” value from step (5))
- Close the “Edit” dialog and select “Update Client Secret“
- Enter your new value, along with the expiry date (typically either 1 or 3 years away).
- If your client secret has already expired then select the “Replace Current” option.