We recommend using Windows 2008 R2 or newer to build a failover cluster. Note, that only Enterprise and Datacenter editions have the Failover cluster feature. Do the following:
1. Enable the Failover cluster feature:
- Run Server Manager snap-in.
- In the left pane, right-click Features, select Add feature. A wizard opens.
- Enable the Failover clustering check-box, click Next, then click Install.
2. Create a network storage as per instructions below. It should include at least 2 disks (one active and another one – witness)
NOTE: The machine that hosts storage drives should not be included to a cluster as a node.
3. Install Netwrix Password Manager on all the machines that will be included into the cluster. The installation directory should be placed on the shared storage and be accessible from every node.
Every new installation will overwrite this directory.
4. Please create a failover cluster as per this instruction:
5. Configure the Netwrix Password Manager service for high availability:
- Run the Failover Cluster Manager snap-in.
- In the left pane go to Failover Cluster Manager – <Cluster name> – Services and applications
- Click Configure a Service or Applications… in the right pane. A window opens.
- Select Generic service from the list, click Next.
- Select Netwrix Password Manager from the list, click Next.
- Enter a name for the failover service and the IP address, by which Password Manager will be available. Click Next.
- Select the storage where the Password Manager installation directory is located from the list. Click Next.
- Specify a registry key which should be synchronized between the cluster nodes. For Password manager it is HKLM\Software\[Wow6432Node]\Netwrix\Password Manager. Click Next.
- Verify all settings and confirm by clicking Next.
- Wait until failover service is configured.
For more information and screenshots refer to: