Account Lockout Examiner is able to send notificaton if a lockout occurs. There is an option to edit the notification text or title by modifying the notification template.
The template file notification_template.txt is stored in the product installation folder, the default path: C:\Program Files (x86)\NetWrix\ Account Lockout Examiner.
Notification template cosists of 4 sections:
- the SUBJECT section contains the text reflected in the message subject
- the BODY, WEB and REMOTE_CONTROL sections contain the text reflected in the message body
- the BODY section contains the main text of the notification
- the WEB section contains a link to the Help-Desk portal and related text, and is show only if a Link is enabled in Account Lockout Examiner settings.
- the REMOTE_CONTROL section contains a text providing Remote control instructions, and is show only if Remote control is enabled in Account Lockout Examiner settings
The template can be modified in the following ways:
- Edit any text within the template sections.
- Add any AD attribute name. The attribute name should be in the following format %AD.[attribute]%. For example with the %AD.Displayname% attribute added into the template, the notification message will show the Display name of the locked out user account.
- Add any internal variable name:
%NTAccount% – shows the name of the locked out account.
%WorkStation% – shows the name of the workstation where an account was locked out.
%LockoutTime% – shows the lockout time.
%Link% – shows the link to the web portal.