You configured Netwrix Auditor to monitor a child domain but you keep receiving errors related to the root domain.
Even if you are monitoring a child domain, Netwrix Auditor tries to connect to the domain controllers in the root domain in order to collect information on changes to the Schema and Configuration partitions since this information is only stored in the root domain. If the data collecting account does not have enough permissions to access root DC, you can get various root DC errors in the Summary Reports.
If you do not need to monitor Schema and Configuration changes, do the following:
- In Netwrix Auditor, navigate to Monitoring Plans –> <your_Monitoring_Plain_name>
- Select Active Directory data source and click “Edit data source” in the right pane.
- Under Montior Active Directory partitions deselect Configuration and Schema options.
If you just want to omit root DC errors:
- Open the Registry Editor (Start -> Run and type “regedit”) and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Netwrix Auditor\AD Change Reporter
- Create a DWORD value called IgnoreRootDCErrors and set it to 1.