Netwrix Auditor System Health event log contains the following Event ID: 1240
“Unable to get site collection configuration to site collection <ID>”.
This can be due to one of the following reasons:
- There are insufficient permissions for the web application hosting the target site collection
- The status of the target site collection is “Locked – No access”
Follow the steps depending on the reason:
- Navigate to SharePoint Central Administration > Web Applications > “target web application” > User Permissions and verify the security settings for this web application. The minimum required permissions are “Manage Web Site“.
- Navigate to SharePoint Central Administration > Application Management > Configure quotas and locks > “target site collection” and change its status to “Not locked“. Alternatively, you can unlock your site using SharePoint Management Shell.
In order to change site status to “Unlock” using SharePoint Management Shell, do the following:
- Make sure that your account complies with the requirements mentioned in the Microsoft technical article.
- SharePoint server, navigate to Start > Microsoft SharePoint Products “version” > SharePoint “version” Management Shell.
- Execute the following command:
Set-SPSite -Identity “SiteCollection” -LockState “State”
“SiteCollection” is the URL of the site collection that you want to track or unlock.
“State” is one of the following values:
- Unlock to unlock the site collection and make it available to users.
- NoAdditions to prevent users from adding new content to the site collection. Updates and deletions are still allowed.
- ReadOnly to prevent users from adding, updating, or deleting content.
- NoAccess to prevent users from accessing the site collection and its content. Users who attempt to access the site receive an error.