You received a Change Summary containing incorrect data or no data at all and you see the following message:
Warning: The NetwrixSQLCRAudit database with audit data does not exist or cannot be accessed.
The issue can be caused by the following:
- The database was not created on the monitored server.
- The Data Processing Account (DPA) permissions were changed, DPA is account which is used to run the data collection of SQL Server auditing.
- The database is in the recovery mode.
- The account, which is assigned the database owner role of the monitored database, has no access to NetwrixSQLCRAudit database.
To fix the issues, do the following:
- Check if the NetwrixSQLCRAudit database exists on the monitored server.
- Make sure that the account under which Netwrix SQL Server auditing is running has enough privileges on the SQL Server; it has to be assigned the db owner role for this database.
- Grant all db owners of the monitored databases rights to write into the NetWrixSQLCRAudit database. Alternatively, replace all accounts with db owner role by the data processing account.