- Unable to audit a target server by using IP address.
- Unable to audit a host server by using “localhost”.
- Activity Records summary report shows incorrect server name.
- There is stale data in the DNS cache of the host and target machines
- There is incorrect data in the “hosts” file of the host and target machines
To resolve this issue, please perform the following steps:
- On the target and the host machines, remove all records which contain the IP address of the host and the target machines from the following file: “C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts”
- Flush the DNS cache on the host and the target machines by executing the following command: ipconfig /flushdns
- Use FQDN-name of the target machine instead of IP address or “localhost” when adding it as an item in Netwrix Auditor.