The “ Installation failed” error message is being listed for the one of monitored computers in the Netwrix Auditor console (monitored computers list)
This error indicates that agent failed to be installed for one of the following reasons:
1. RPC is not available on target machine.
2. Firewall blocks product activity
3. Remote registry service is not available
4. Target machine is not properly configured.
To troubleshoot the issue with agent installation please perform the following steps:
1) Please make sure that target computers configured properly per this article:
2) Make sure the following ports are opened on the local machine and target machine firewall settings:
TCP & UDP: 9002 & 9003 (DynamID authentication)
TCP & SMTP: For email notifications: 25 TCP & SMTP (For email notifications on local machine)
TCP & UDP: 53 DNS
TCP & UDP: 68 DHCP
TCP & UDP: 88 Kerberos
TCP & UDP:135 RPC
TCP & UDP:139 NetBIOS
TCP & UDP: 389 LDAP
TCP: 445 SMB
TCP: 1433 SQL (on local machine to write data to the database)
TCP & UDP: 3268 LDAP
TCP & UDP: 137 NetBIOS Name Service
TCP & UDP: 138 NetBIOS Datagram (Browsing)
Or disable firewall for testing purposes to localize the problem, the agent status should be update in 10 – 15 minutes.
3) Try to connect the target machine from the local server through remote registry (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc785793(v=ws.10).aspx).