To communicate with each other, frontend and backend servers need an account. The account called IUSR_Netwrix_DMZ should be created during the configuration steps as per the Administrator Guide.
The issue occurs when IUSR_Netwrix_DMZ account does not have permissions to access the COM object of Netwrix Password Manager on the backend.
Make sure that:
- IUSR_Netwrix_DMZ account is specified in IIS Basic settings at Connect as
- IUSR_Netwrix_DMZ is added to local Distributed COM Users group on both frontend and backend servers
- IUSR_Netwrix_DMZ is NOT added to the User Rights Assignment – Deny Access to this computer from the network local policy on the backend
- Default DCOM settings on both the front-end and the back-end grants full access to local Distributed COM Users
- Netwrix Password Manager COM object allows access to Everyone