You receive the following error:
The account being used to upload data into the database does not have permission to the specified database.
To give the specified service account access to all netwrix databases and/or any databases on the SQL service instance, follow these steps:
- Open up Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
- Login with an SA account or the account you used to install the product
- Expand the Security folder
- Right-click on Logins
- Click on Search and make sure to change the Locations to the specific domain
- Make sure Windows Authentication radio box is checked
- Click on User Mapping on the left side
- Select the database(s) you want to give permissions to
- After selecting a database, on the bottom, select db_securityadmin
- Click OK
After the above steps are performed, the specified service account will be able to upload data into the database.