I configured Admin and Helpdesk portal per the KB1162 to use Windows authentication, however I keep getting HTTP error 401.
If I switch to Basic, everything works fine, but I don`t want to use Basic authentication.
Windows authentication in IIS depends on the providers it uses. If providers are configured incorrectly, Windows authentication won`t work.
Make sure Providers for Windows authentication are configured correctly.
- launch IIS manager
- Navigate to admin virtual directory (by default it is %Server name% – Sites – Default Web Site – PM – admin)
- Go to Authentication configuration
- Select (highlight) Windows authentication
- In the right pane click Providers
- NTLM should be present. Add if needed.
- Click OK to apply changes