<server>: The following error occurred on agent installation: Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154(REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))
The most common reason for the these errors is Windows Firewall and blocked port 1322.
In order to resolve these issues:
1. Disable the Windows Firewall service on the target server and make sure that port 1322 is opened:
– Click Start > Run. Type services.msc and press Enter.
– Locate the Windows Firewall service, stop it and set to Disable.
2. Make sure the following services are started/stopped on the target server:
– Windows Instrumentation Management (WMI) – Started
– Remote Registry – Started
– Remote Procedure Call (RPC) – Started
– NetBIOS TCP/IP Helper – Started
3. Install the agent service manually:
– Copy the installation package (FullAgentSetup.msi) from the Windows Server Change Reporter installation folder to the problematic machine.
– Run it as administrator.