You get the following warning message when generating a SSRS report via browser or Netwrix Auditor:
“An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)
Query execution failed for dataset ‘DS’. (rsErrorExecutingCommand)
For more information about this error navigate to the report server on the local server machine, or enable remote errors”
The most common cause of this issue is not having enough permissions to the product database for your account.
In order to get additional information about this error, please try to open the same report on the local SQL server machine via a web-browser. If the error is caused by account permissions, you should get the following:
“Cannot open database “[DB_NAME]” requested by the login. The login failed. Login failed for user “[DOMAINUSER]”
In order to resolve the issue please make sure that the account you are logged in with has at least db_reader role to the product database:
– Navigate to Start / All Programs / Microsoft SQL Server / SQL Server Management Studio
– In the left pane, navigate to Security / Logins /Your account. Right-click it and select Properties. If you do not see your account there, create the new login for it.
– In the Login Properties dialogue, in the left pane navigate to the User Mapping page.
– Make sure that the db_reader role is selected for “[DB_NAME]” database.
– Click OK to save the changes.