The Netwrix Auditor System Health log contains the following errors:
Source: Notification Sender
Event ID: 2222
The Audit Database ‘Netwrix_Auditor_Inactive_User_Tracking’ cannot be contacted. Error: The ‘Netwrix_Auditor_Inactive_User_Tracking’ database does not exist.
The Audit Database ‘Netwrix_Auditor_Password_Expiration_Alerting’ cannot be contacted. Error: The ‘Netwrix_Auditor_Password_Expiration_Alerting’ database does not exist.
In Netwrix Auditor 7.0 you had a Managed Object for auditing Active Directory, with enabled Inactive Users Tracking and/or Password Expiration Alerting options.
After a successful upgrade to 7.1, Netwrix Auditor gets an incorrect configuration for this Managed Object.
These errors do not affect the product.
There are two ways to resolve this issue.
- Keep in mind your Inactive User Tracking and/or Password Expiration Alerting configuration settings.
- In Netwrix Auditor Administrator Console, navigate to Managed Object -> your Managed Object for auditing Active Directory -> Modify Managed Object and clear the Inactive Users Tracking and/or Password Expiration Alerting options.
- Make sure that Netwrix Auditor does not contain these audited systems in the Data Collection window.
- Click Modify Managed Object. Add and configure the Inactive Users Tracking and/or Password Expiration Alerting options.
- Keep in mind the name of your problematic Managed Object.
- Close Netwrix Auditor Administrator Console.
- Stop the “Netwrix Auditor Configuration Server Service”.
- On the computer where Netwrix Auditor Administrator Console is installed, navigate to C:ProgramDataNetwrix AuditorAuditCoreConfigServer and open the Configuration.xml file in a text editor (e.g., Notepad).
<a n=”Name” t=”2″ v=”<your_Мanaged_Object_Name>”/>
<n n=”1127fafa-5e4f-e3d6-05d6-ca9317c533bb или 33049cf6-6925-d7bd-ab7e-9cf82eed22e0″ t=”AuditedSystemNodeType”>
<n n=”ReportingSettings” t=”ReportingSettings”>
<a n=”Enabled” t=”7″ v=”True“/> – replace the “True” parameter with “False“.
- Save the file.
- Start the following services:
- “Netwrix Auditor Configuration Server Service”,
- “Netwrix Auditor Archive Service”,
- “Netwrix Auditor Service for SharePoint” (if you have a Managed Object for auditing SharePoint).