- The following error occurs while report generation: “System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: The operation you are attempting requires a secure connection (HTTPS) … See the log for details”.
- Report Manager URL works when set to HTTPS and does not if set to HTTP.
This issue appears because the version of Netwrix Auditor you are running does not support secured connection for SQL Reporting Service Reports (SSRS).
To resolve this issue, please disable secure connection:
- Navigate to RSReportServer.config file located in MS SQL Server installation directory (for example C:Program FilesMicrosoft SQL ServerMSRS10_50.SQLEXPRESSReporting ServicesReportServer) and backup it.
- Open RSReportServer.config and find the following string: <Add Key=”SecureConnectionLevel” Value=”2″/>
- Set SecureConnectionLevel value to 0 and save it.
Review the following for additional information:
3 – Most secure: use SSL for absolutely everything.
2 – Secure: use SSL for rendering and methods that pass credentials but do not insist on using it for all SOAP calls.
1 – Basic Security: accepts http but rejects any calls that might be involved in credentials transfer.
0 – Least Secure: do not use SSL at all.