The audit report from Netwrix File Server Change Reporter contains the following warning: “(53) The network path was not found. Path: \servershare”
If you have the “Network traffic compression” option enabled, grant the local System account the appropriate permissions:
- Select the required shared folder and right-click it.
- In the pop-up menu, select Properties and open the Security tab.
- On the Security tab, click the Advanced button.
- In the Advanced Security Settings for <shared_folder_name> dialog, select the SYSTEM permission entry and click Change Permissions.
- In the next dialog, select the SYSTEM permission entry and click Edit.
- In the Permission Entry for <shared_folder_name> dialog, allow the following permissions:
<Traverse folder / execute file> <Read attributes> <Read extended attributes> <Read permissions> In the Advanced Security Settings for <shared_folder_name> dialog, open the Effective Permissions tab and check all the permissions for the SYSTEM service account. Click OK.
- In the <shared_folder_name> Properties dialog, open the Sharing tab and click Share.
- In the File Sharing dialog, add the SYSTEM service account and select “Read/Write” permission level for it.
- To save the changes, click Share and then Done.
If you do not use the “Network traffic compression” option, make sure that the account configured to run the Netwrix File Server Change Reporter scheduled task has the following rights and permissions on the monitored file server:
- The local administrator rights
- Read access to the monitored shared folder
If the steps provided do not resolve your issue, please contact Netwrix Technical Support.