The error occurs when Enrollment wizard is not able to connect to the Password Manager server. Error code can be different – 12037, 12038, 12029, 12044
It can happen due to several reasons but the most common reasons for this error are an incorrect path to the Password Manager Self-Service Portal or incorrect SSL-settings if you are using HTTPS.
To resolve the issue:
1. Check that URL of the Password Manager Server is specified correctly.
The URL of the server is determined by the registry value called PRM_Server.
There are two registry keys containing this value:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\[Wow6432Node]\Policies\Netwrix\Password Manager
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\[Wow6432Node]\Netwrix\Password Manager Self-service Client
NOTE. Wow6432Node for 64-bit OS only
The key 1 is determined by Group policy. If there is no PRM_Serer value in the key 1, then the value from the key 2 is used.
2. Verify SSL settings.
- Make sure you are able to browse to the Password Manager Self-service portal without any warnings. Please refer to this article if there are warnings.
- Make sure that SSL settings for PM virtual directory are set to Ignore client certificates