Email reports contain the following warning: “[WARNING] Auditing of Object Access Success and Auditing of Account Management Success is not enabled for this Server”
If Group Policy is enforced on the monitored servers, it is necessary to set the Audit Object Access policy setting to Success.
It is recommended to create a Group Policy Object and link it to your servers Organizational Unit.
To do this, perform the following steps:
- Open the Group Policy Management console.
- In the console tree, select the Organizational Unit where your servers reside. On the Action menu, click Create a GPO in this domain and Link it here …
- In the New Group Policy Object dialog box, type Server Configuration Change Reporter for the name of the box (for example) and click OK.
- Select the newly created Server Configuration Change Reporter GPO. On the Action menu, click Edit.
- In the Group Policy Management Editor console tree, expand Computer Configuration / Windows Settings / Security Settings / Local Policies and then click Audit Policy.
- In the Details pane, double-click Audit Object Access.
- On the Security Policy Setting tab of the Audit Object Access Properties dialog box, select the “Success” checkbox and click OK.
- In the Details pane, double-click Audit Account Management.
- On the Security Policy Setting tab of the Audit Account Management Properties dialog box, select the “Success” checkbox, and click OK.
- Click OK.