Daily Change Summary contains the following error message: “<ServerName>: Error during agent operation on server <ServerName>. No such host is known. Additional information: none.”
First of all, check that all server names are specified correctly in the program settings.
Make sure that your DNS server, has the DNS-records registered for your problematic servers:
- On the server running NetWrix Server Configuration Change Reporter, launch the nslookup tool: click Start / Run, type in nslookup.exe and press Enter.
- In the nslookup dialog, check all your problematic servers one by one: specify a server name and press Enter.
- If the IP-addresses appear in the command output, your DNS server has the DNS-records registered correctly.
If the DNS-records are not registered correctly, perform the steps below:
- On each problematic server, launch the command prompt: click Start / Run, type in cmd and press Enter.
- Type in the “ipconfig /registerdns” command and press Enter.
- As a result, the DNS records will be registered for your servers.