The following error is returned when trying to access SSRS-based Reports from a remote machine:
“An error occurred during client rendering.
An error has occurred during report processing.
Cannot create a connection to data source ‘DS’.
For more information about this error navigate to the report server on the local server machine, or enable remote errors.”
Generally, the error is received if the user doesn’t have the sufficient permission to access the data source. The root cause can be that the users that fail to view the report don’t have corresponding logins in the SQL Server Database Engine and don’t have access to the target database.
There are 2 options available:
1) Provide read permissions for the NetWrix Event Log Manager database.
2) Specify database access credentials to the Reporting Services server.
In order to specify database access credentials to the Reporting Services server please perform the following steps:
- On the computer where SQL Server with Reporting Services is installed, browse to the Report Manager URL (it can be found in Netwrix Auditor under Settings –> Reports).
- Navigate to the NetWrix Event Log Manager folder and click Data Source.
- In the Properties tab, select the Credentials stored securely in the report server option.
- Specify the credentials that will be used to access the database.
- Select the Use as Windows credentials when connecting to the data source check-box if you specified a Windows account (not a SQL login) in the previous step.
- If you are running SQL Server 2008, click the Test Connection button to verify that the credentials you have submitted have enough privileges to access the database.
- Click the Apply button, close the browser and try to access the reports again from a remote machine.