Netwrix Auditor System Health Log contains the following EventID: 1004
“Unable to establish connection to the remote WebService”.
This is a warning message, and does not lead to audit data loss if it is not accompanied by errors.
If this Event ID is logged with the following error in the description: “Could not connect to <URL>/_vti_bin/Netwrix/ManagementService.svc. TCP error code 10060: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond <address>”, this is due to the following reason:
- There is no network connection between the computer where Netwrix Auditor Server is installed and the computer that hosts SharePoint, or the WebService is not responding.
If this eventID is logged with the following error in the description: “The requested service <service name> could not be activated”, this can be due to one of the following reasons:
- There are not enough system resources on the computer where SharePoint Central Administration is installed.
- Access to the Central Administration site is performed through the https protocol, and it is not specified in the Alternate Access Mapping.
- Access to the Central Administration site is performed through alternative access, and the IIS Bindings contains several Host names for the Central Administration site.
To resolve the issue do one of the following depending on the reason:.
- Make sure that SharePoint Central Administration is reachable.
- Free or add system resources and execute the “iisreset” command.
- Specify the URL in the Alternate Access Mappnig for the Central Administration site, or use a different URL when creating a Managed Object.
- Leave one Host Name for the Central Administration site in IIS Bindings.