Error in reports stating Could not allocate space for object ‘*’ in database ‘*’ because the ‘PRIMARY’ filegroup is full. Create disk space by deleting unneeded files, dropping objects in the filegroup, adding additional files to the filegroup, or setting autogrowth on for existing files in the filegroup.
Database is full and SQL Server doesn’t allow any further writes to it. The can be two reasons:
– You are using SQL Server Express Edition and the database has reached 10GB limitation.
– Autogrowth is not properly set for the database.
– Disk where database’s files are stored is full.
If you are using SQL Express and the database has reached 10GB, please consider the following options:
- Upgrade SQL Server edition from Explress to Standard or Enterprise
- Change database retention to a smaller value via the Netwrix Auditor UI.
- Narrow down the auditing scope by unchecking heavy auditing options (like Successful Reads for File Servers)
- Split your Monitoring Plan (Managed Object in Netwrix Auditor 8.5 and older) into several plans, each with its own database
If the issue is related to Autogrowth, please reference the following forum thread: