Netwrix Auditor search, alerts and/or summary emails contain excessive file read attempts.
If the thumbnail previews option is enabled for an account in File Explorer, each time the user opens a folder, internal icons cache is overwritten.
In order to reduce the number of such read attempts, you should configure the following policies:
- Open the Local Group Policy Editor snap-in on any domain controller in the target domain: navigate to Start > Run and type “gpedit.msc”.
- In the Local Group Policy Editor snap-in, navigate to User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > File Explorer.
- Enable the following policies:
- Turn off the display of thumbnails and only display icons;
- Turn off the display of thumbnails and only display icons on network folders;
- Turn off the caching of thumbnails in hidden thumbs.db files;
- Turn off caching of thumbnail pictures.
Note: You should be signed in as an administrator to perform this operation.